Free financial education workshops
We are pleased to offer free financial education workshops for schools and colleges nationwide to help students understand more about money.
These workshops are for groups of 30-35 students in KS4-5 (14-18 year olds) and are ideal for enrichment days, PHSE/Citizenship lessons or career insight days and complement existing financial education provision.
Workshops are delivered by a network of volunteers (Education Champions) who are personal finance professionals, members of the Personal Finance Society and who have passed our internal financial education sign-off process to deliver workshops in schools.
My future finances
- Understanding the value of everyday expenses
- Considering personal long-term goals
- Evaluating goals according to a range of incomes
Staying safe from scams
- Recognising different types of financial scams
- Identifying possible characteristics of scams
- Taking steps to prevent being a victim of scams
Moving on from school
- Understanding the key features of a payslip
- Explain different types of income deductions
- Understanding how the Government uses tax and NICs to fund public services
- Calculating gross and net income
Making decisions and risk
- Discovering why people may choose to take risks with their money
- Understanding different types of financial risks and whether they carry a high, medium or low risk
- Understand how insurance and other methods can be used to protect against financial risks
While our main form of delivery is through our Education Champions coming into your school, we have adapted these workshops to free online sessions for students to access remotely or as part of independent study to support you with remote financial education provision. These sessions can be accessed here.
We offer the option of school assemblies for some of the workshops, contact us to find out more.
Discover Fortunes – introduction to a career in personal finance (employability)
The aim of this session is to introduce students to some key personal finance concepts as well as providing them with an opportunity to understand a bit more about the personal finance profession. This session is designed for groups of 20-35 students aged between 14-18.
This fun, interactive workshop enables students to work together and help build their communication and team working skills. Set around a board game, students work together to decide on the financial planning options of different clients across 4 categories (pensions, savings, investments and protection). You can see the introduction to this session here.
Want to find out more?
Book your free workshop – contact us today
Please note that upon receipt of your enquiry a member of our team will contact you to find out more about your request and proceed with your booking.